How do I add text to family in Revit?
Add Model Text
- Set the work plane where you want the text to display.
- Click (Model Text). Architecture tab Model panel (Model Text) …
- In the Edit Text dialog, enter the text, and click OK.
- Place the cursor in the drawing area. …
- Move the cursor to the desired location, and click to place the model text.
On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: In the Visibility column, select the check box. In the Display Settings column, make sure that By Host View displays. If By Host View does not display, click in the Display Settings column.
Can you align text in Revit?
The Align Revit add-in is already available for Revit 2014 and 2015 on the Autodesk App Exchange. You can create a generic anotation symbol, pin the text right where you want it to be, then load the anotation symbol to your family, and align it as you desire.
What is Revit model text?
Model text is a work plane-based 3D element that you can use for signs or lettering on a building or wall. You can add model text in a project view and in the Family Editor for families that can be represented in 3D, such as walls, doors, windows, and furniture.
How do I create a new text type in Revit?
Specify Text Note Styles
- Click Annotate tab Text panel .
- In the Type Properties dialog, select the text properties you want to work with from the Type list.
- If desired, click Rename to rename the type, or click Duplicate to create a new text type.
- Specify the properties for the display of text notes.
- Click OK.
How do I change the text direction in Revit?
Use the rotate control to rotate the note. Change text alignment. Click Modify | Text Notes tab Paragraph panel, and select an alignment option (Align Left, Align Center, or Align Right).
To align tags with other similar tags, drag them in a view. For example, a room tag can align with another room tag, and a generic annotation can align with another generic annotation.