How do you join parts in SolidWorks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the new part name, select Rename Part, and rename the new part. Click Insert > Features > Join. Make selections and set options in the Join PropertyManager. Click to create the joined part.
How do you combine two lines in Creo?
On the Design tab, click Merge or Divide and do one of the following actions:
- ◦ For a merge, select two tangent lines, arcs, or splines to merge.
- ◦ For a division, select a line, arc, or spline to divide.
- To merge additional tangent lines, arcs, or splines, continue selecting tangent entities of the same type.
How do you separate sketches in Solidworks?
In an open sketch, click Split Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Split Entities. The pointer changes to . Click the sketch entity at the location where you want the split to occur. The sketch entity splits into two entities, and a split point is added between the two sketch entities.
How do you move bodies in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
Where is the Features toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
Can you split a spline in Solidworks?
Use two split points to split a circle, full ellipse, or a closed spline. You can dimension to a split point. Also, you can insert parts at split points in a routing assembly. Search ‘Split Entities’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
What does split line do in Solidworks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces.