How do you make a reference plane visible in Revit?
With the reference planes selected, there is a Subcategory panel on the Modify|Reference Planes contextual ribbon. Expand the Subcategory: drop-down and select Major Reference. When you deselect the reference planes, you can see that they are now green.
How do you hide edges in Revit?
On the View tab, select Show Hidden Lines. Next, select the element in front, and then select the element behind to show its hidden lines. Select each obscuring element individually to show hidden lines. Use the Remove Hidden Lines tool to reset the elements.
How do I change the view reference in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Tag panel View Reference. Optionally, on the View Reference panel, under View Type, select the type of view to display for the Target View list. On the View Reference panel, select the Target View (the view you wish to reference). Click in the drawing area to place the reference.
How do you delete a reference plane in Revit?
The only way I’ve ever been able to get rid of them in your pull-down list of work-planes is to FIND the reference plane, pick it, then delete. It will automatically disappear from the list after this procedure.
How do you show floors in Revit?
Follow these steps:
- In plan view, click View menu > View Properties.
- Click the Edit button for the View Range parameter.
- Enter a value for both the Bottom Offset, under Primary Range, and the Level Offset, under View Depth, that is more than 4 feet from the floor or slab.
How do I use the linework tool in Revit?
Use the Linework Tool
- Open the view in which you want to change line styles.
- (Optional) To turn off Thin Lines, click View tab Graphics panel (Thin Lines).
- Click Modify tab View panel (Linework).
- Click Modify | Linework tab Line Style panel, and select the line style to apply to the edge from the Line Style drop-down.
How do you add a view reference in Revit?
Reference sections can reference section views, callouts of section views, and drafting views. To create a reference section: Click View tab Create panel (Section). On the Options Bar, select Reference other view, and select a section, callout of a section, or drafting view name from the drop-down menu next to it.
Where is the reference plane in Revit?
Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
- On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) Structure tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) …
- To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). …
- To pick an existing line: On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
How do I delete a work plane grid in Revit?
Use the Edit Work Plane tool:
- Click Modify |
tab Work Plane panel (Edit Work Plane).
- In the Work Plane dialog, click Dissociate.
How do I delete Workplane?
To delete the active Workplane click Workplane tab > Active panel > Delete.