What are 3 types of contour lines?
Contour lines are of three different kinds. They are the Index lines, Intermediate lines and the Supplementary lines.
Are Sketchup contours accurate?
Depending on the source of the contour lines, they can be more reliable than Google, but it’s an involved, multi-step process to create terrain from them.
Can you import Google Earth into Sketchup?
The process of importing google earth terrain and/or map into sketchup is pretty seamless (probably because when google first acquired sketchup they were hoping to use it to populate the 3d buildings in google earth). So lets get right to it.
What are 4 types of contour lines?
There are several different types of contour line drawings:
- Blind Contour. ‘Blind contour drawing’ is when contour drawing is done without looking at the paper AT ALL. …
- Continuous Line Contour. …
- Modified Contour. …
- cross-contour. …
- YOUR ASSIGNMENTS:
What are the 5 Rules of contour lines?
Rule 1 – every point of a contour line has the same elevation. Rule 2 – contour lines separate uphill from downhill. Rule 3 – contour lines do not touch or cross each other except at a cliff. Rule 4 – every 5th contour line is darker in color.
What are the basic features of contour lines?
Characteristics of Contours
- Must close on themselves, on or off the map.
- Perpendicular to the direction of max. …
- Slope between them is assumed uniform.
- The distance between them indicates the steepness of the slope, gentle or steep.
- Irregular signify rough, smooth signify gradual slopes.
What is the use of contour lines?
The purpose of contour lines is to represent the tridimensional shape of the terrestrial surface on a bidimensional map. Contour lines are the intersection of an horizontal plane parallel to the reference level and the topographical surface to describe. Consequently: Contour lines are always closed curves.