What is radius command in AutoCAD?
The rad function determines the radius of a selected object. rad. Determines the radius of a selected object. The object can be a circle, an arc, or a 2D polyline arc segment. The following example uses rad with the CIRCLE command.
What is a radius dimension?
A radial dimension is a group design object. It allows for the dimensioning of a radius with respect to an arc or circle. The dimension can be placed either internally or externally, in relation to the circumference of the arc/circle.
What are the AutoCAD commands?
|Ctrl+A||Select all objects|
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
How do you find the dimension of a radius?
Create a Radius or Diameter Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Dimension. …
- Select an arc or a circle.
- At the prompt, enter r (Radius) or enter d (Diameter).
- Before specifying the dimension line location, you can edit or rotate the text.
- Click to place the dimension line.
How do you find the diameter of a dimension?
To Create a Diameter Dimension
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Diameter. Find.
- Select the arc or circle to dimension.
- Enter options as needed: To edit the dimension text content, enter t (Text) or m (multiline text). …
- Specify the leader line location.
What does R mean in Autocad?
Radial dimensions measure the radii and diameters of arcs and circles with optional centerlines or a center mark. … DIMRADIUS measures the radius of an arc or circle, and displays the dimension text with the letter R in front of it.
What is arc length dimension?
Arc length dimensions measure the distance along an arc or polyline arc segment. The extension lines of an arc length dimension can be orthogonal or radial. An arc symbol is displayed either above or preceding the dimension text.
Dimensioning to hidden lines should be avoided wherever possible. … Dimensions should not be placed on a view unless clarity is promoted and long extension lines are avoided. 9. Longer dimensions should be placed outside all intermediate dimensions so that dimension lines will not cross extension lines.