How do you mate bodies in Solidworks?
Mates in Multibody Parts
- While inserting a body into a part, by selecting Locate part with Move/Copy feature in the Insert Part PropertyManager.
- After the body is already in the part, using Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar).
Click Instant3D on the Features toolbar. In the FeatureManager design tree, select the feature to copy. Hold down Ctrl and drag the feature to a location on the same face or a different face. If the feature includes locating dimensions or relations, a dialog box is displayed.
How do you move a boss Extrude in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
What does lock mate do in SolidWorks?
A Lock mate maintains the position and orientation between two components. The components are fully constrained relative to each other. A Lock mate has the same effect as forming a subassembly between the two components and making the subassembly rigid.
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, if you use a single entity curve in Step 1: Under Mate Selections, click Entities to Mate , and select the curve and a point on the assembly. Select Coincident for the mate type.
How do you combine two extrusions in SolidWorks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you move an object in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you apply a linear pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis). …
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis). …
- Click .
How do you copy a plane in Solidworks?
Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
Moving and Copying Features
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do you copy and paste parts in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch:
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.