How do I draft a part in Solidworks?
To insert a draft angle parting line:
- Sketch the part to be drafted.
- Insert a split line curve, if desired.
- Click Draft on the Features toolbar or click Insert > Features > Draft.
- Under Type of Draft, select Parting Line. …
- Under Draft Angle, enter the Draft angle .
How do I use draft expert in Solidworks?
Click Draft (Features toolbar) or Insert, Features, Draft. In the PropertyManager, click DraftXpert.
- Create multiple drafts.
- Do draft analysis.
- Edit drafts.
- Automatically invoke the FeatureXpert to resolve draft features that do not initially go into the model easily.
How do you do a draft analysis in Solidworks?
To perform an analysis:
- Click Draft Analysis (Mold Tools toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis. Set analysis parameters and color settings, and then click .
- Click View > Modify > Draft Analysis.
- Click Draft Analysis (View toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis.
What is Draft command why it is used?
The Draft feature adds a draft angle from -89.9° to +89.9° to individual surfaces or to a series of surfaces. You can draft only the surfaces that are formed by tabulated cylinders or planes. … Pull direction (also called draft direction)—Direction that is used to measure the draft angle.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you show draft angle in Solidworks drawing?
Click Draft on the Features toolbar or click Insert > Features > Draft. Under Type of Draft, select Parting Line. Under some conditions, select the Allow reduced angle check box. Under Draft Angle, enter the Draft angle .
How do you make a taper in Solidworks?
To extrude an entity with a taper angle:
- Click Solids > Draw > Extrude (or type Extrude).
- Specify the type of entities to create. Surface. …
- Specify the entities to extrude and press Enter.
- Specify the Taper angle option.
- Specify the taper angle and press Enter.
- Specify the extrusion height.
How do you use the Hole Wizard in Solidworks?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
How do you insert a line break in Solidworks?
Creating Projection Split Lines
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do I turn off draft analysis in Solidworks?
Click View > Modify > Draft Analysis. To turn off the analysis: Click Draft Analysis (View toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis.
What is draft analysis solidworks?
With draft analysis, you can verify draft angles, examine angle changes within a face, as well as locate parting lines, injection, and ejection surfaces in parts. You can also perform draft analysis using the DraftXpert.
Why do we need to study drafting?
Drafting helps students expand upon, clarify, and modify their initial plans and ideas, and it helps them organize their content into a meaningful sequence or flow.
What are the features of draft?
- developing cohesion.
- organizing their thinking in relation to text produced so far.
- experimenting with phrasing.
- explaining or linking examples/ideas.
- generating transitions.
- discovering a central argument/point.
- elaborating on key ideas.
- pausing to make adjustments to spelling, word-choice, and syntax.