How do you remove broken external references in Solidworks?
To lock, unlock, or break external references in the External References dialog box:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you delete a reference in Solidworks?
To change or remove a reference:
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Custom References .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
How do I change a reference in Solidworks?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do you unlock a mate in SolidWorks?
You can lock, unlock, or break them all at once.
To lock, unlock, or break the external references:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click List External Refs. …
- View information and set options in the External References For dialog box. …
- Click OK.
How do I change an external reference in SolidWorks?
Update Path for External References
- Select an update holder in the tree to highlight the corresponding sketch in the graphics area.
- Right-click an update holder and click List External Refs to lock, unlock, or break the external references.
How do you delete reference dimensions in Solidworks?
To remove a dimension from a drawing: Select a dimension and press Delete. Be careful not to delete any dimension that has a reference, such as one used in a note. Search ‘Deleting Dimensions’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you delete a derived feature in Solidworks?
You cannot delete or modify the features of the original part in the derived part document. You can only edit the original part in its own window.
How do I change a part reference in SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do I repair a corrupted SOLIDWORKS file?
The SOLIDWORKS software provides an option for repairing corrupted files. The auto repair function attempts to identify which segments are damaged from the corrupted files and removes them if possible. When you encounter a file that is corrupted, a dialog box asks if you want to repair the file.
How do you reference in Solidworks?
You create an external reference when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.