How do I add a section line in Solidworks?
To modify a section line before creating the view: Double-click a drawing view and sketch a line (or multiple lines for an aligned section view) in the view. By double-clicking the drawing view, you ensure that the line or lines belong to the view. With the line or lines selected, click Insert > Make Section Line.
How do you show sections in Solidworks?
Click Selected bodies or Selected components to create a section view of a part or an assembly, respectively.
- Select bodies or components to include in or exclude from section views.
- Toggle the view off and on. …
- Show or hide a section cap. …
- Select the faces, edges, and vertices created by a section view.
How do you make a section line shorter in Solidworks?
Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
How do I move a section view anywhere in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
What are the 7 types of section views?
There are a number of different types of sectional views that can be drawn. A few of the more common ones are: full sections, half sections, broken sections, rotated or revolved sections, removed sections, offset sections, and assembly sections.
What is a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.
How do you delete a section in Solidworks?
Removed Section Views
- In a drawing, select a view.
- Click Removed Section (View Layout CommandManager tab or Drawing toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager, for Edge and Opposed Edge, select two edges from the same drawing view. …
- Select a cutting line placement method: …
- Move the pointer and click to place the view.