How do I create a reference point in Solidworks?
To create a single reference point:
- Click Point on the Reference Geometry toolbar, or click Insert > Reference Geometry > Point.
- In the PropertyManager, select the type of reference point to create.
- In the graphics area, select the entities to use to create the reference point. …
- Click .
What is the coordinate system in Solidworks?
You can define a coordinate system for a part or assembly. Coordinate systems are useful: With the Measure and Mass Properties tools. When exporting SOLIDWORKS documents to IGES, STL, ACIS, STEP, Parasolid, VRML, and VDA.
How do you do reference geometry in Solidworks?
Left click insert → Reference Geometry to insert planes, axis, coordinate system, mate references, and points. Reference Geometry can also be found on the features toolbar. Left click on the pull down arrow and then left click on the desired tool.
How do you display points in Solidworks?
Click View > Hide/Show > Points to toggle the display of reference points.
How do you show the coordinate system in SolidWorks?
To hide or show individual coordinate systems: Right-click the coordinate system and click Hide or Show.
Hiding and Showing Coordinate Systems
- Hide/Show Items (Heads-up View toolbar), and then View Coordinate Systems.
- View Coordinate Systems (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Coordinate Systems.
How do you show XYZ coordinates in SolidWorks?
In the Drawing, go to File > Properties and add a Custom Property. Here I created a property called Point. Under the Point Property Value/Text Expression, select the X dimension, add a comma, then select the Y dimensions. This will show the X-Y dimensions value in order which you chose.
Which three items are referred to as reference geometry in Solidworks?
Reference geometry includes planes, axes, coordinate systems, reference points, the center of mass, and mate preferences. In this article, we’ll cover the basics of creating planes, axes, and coordinate systems to help you throughout your design process.
How do you hide reference lines in Solidworks?
Surfaces are shown as visible lines (black). To toggle the display status of an individual reference geometry entity: Right-click the entity in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Hide or Show.
How do you create an axis reference in Solidworks?
To create a reference axis:
- Click Axis on the Reference Geometry toolbar, or click Insert > Reference Geometry > Axis.
- Select the axis type in the Axis PropertyManager, then select the required entities for that type.
- Verify that the items listed in Reference Entities correspond to your selections.
- Click .