How do you create a volume comparison surface in Civil 3D?
To create a new volume surface in the Volumes Dashboard
- Click Analyze tab Volumes and Materials panel Volumes Dashboard Find.
- In the Volumes Dashboard, click Create New Volume Surface.
- Use the Create Surface dialog box to set up the volume surface and click OK.
How do you create a proposed surface in Civil 3D?
Go to the Prospector tab in Toolspace and right click on Surfaces, select Create Surface. Alternatively, you can type CREATESURFACE at the command line. Either method will bring the Create Surface Dialogue Box up as shown below.
How do you add two surfaces in Civil 3D?
Follow these steps:
- On the Civil 3D Toolspace, click on “Prospector” tab.
- Right click on “Surfaces” and create a new surface.
- Expand the “Definition” subfeature for that new surface and right click on “Edits”.
- Click “Paste Surface” and choose the original surface.
- Change the new surface style to show points.
How do you calculate surface area in Civil 3D?
- Select the required surface.
- Select Surface Properties (from the ribbon, Prospector or right mouse button)
- Select the Statistics tab.
- Open the ‘Extended’ group.
- The 2D and 3D surface area are displayed as shown.
How do you calculate volume in Civil 3D 2019?
The Average End Area method calculates volumes by adding the area of a material type at one station to the area of the material type at the next station and dividing the sum by two, then multiplying the result by the distance between the sections (L).
How do you get cut and fill volume in Civil 3D?
- In command line type “COMPUTEMATERIALS”.
- Select the alignment and sample line group to sample, then click “OK”.
- Change “Quantity takeoff criteria” to “Cut and Fill” or other desired criteria.
- Map the sampled surfaces to the correct object names, then click “OK”.
What is a surface in Civil 3D?
A surface definition is a collection of a surface build, data, and edit properties, as well as a list of the operations that you have performed on the surface. … The Definition collection under a surface in the Prospector tree provides access to the surface possible data and edit definition items.
How do you extend surface boundaries in Civil 3d?
To Extend a Surface
- Click Surface tab > Edit Panel > Surface Extend. Find. …
- Select one or more surface edges and press Enter.
- Enter m (Modes) and specify the general shape of the extension: …
- Specify whether the surface is merged or appended: …
- Enter the distance of the extension and press Enter.
How do I copy a surface from one drawing to another in Civil 3d?
To copy a surface between drawings try the following workflow:
- In the Toolspace / Prospector, select the surface.
- Right click on the surface and select export Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLOUT command)
- In a new drawing, import Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLIN command)
How do you find the area of a sloped surface?
Multiply the hypotenuse by the length of the roof. The result is the surface area of the sloping roof. For example, if the sloping surface is 11.18 feet wide, and the roof is 30 feet long, the sloping area is 335.4 square feet — 11.18 x 30 = 335.4.