How do you use the view range in Revit?
To modify the view range:
- Open a plan view.
- Click View tab -> Graphics panel -> View Properties.
- In the Instance Properties dialog, locate the View Range parameter, and click Edit.
- In the View Range dialog, modify view range properties as necessary.
How do you change view in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.
Why can I see the level below in Revit?
Follow these steps: In plan view, click View menu > View Properties. Click the Edit button for the View Range parameter. Enter a value for both the Bottom Offset, under Primary Range, and the Level Offset, under View Depth, that is more than 4 feet from the floor or slab.
What is Revit plan view?
Two-dimensional views provide a traditional method for viewing a model. These views include floor plans, reflected ceiling plans, and structural plans. View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down. (Floor Plan) (Reflected Ceiling Plan)
Why is my view range greyed out in Revit?
In your case you seem to have a view template assigned to your view. This (can) cause different settings to be grayed out because it is controlled by the view template. You can solve it by removing the view template from the view (set it to <none> )or modify the view template.
How do I get my tabs back in Revit?
By default, each view opens in a new tab. Use Tile Views and Tab Views to switch back and forth between tiles and tabs, depending on your current needs. Click View tab Windows panel (Tab Views).
What is an underlay in Revit?
When you set an underlay, Revit displays another level of the model at the view’s cut plane under the current plan view. The underlay can be viewed from above or below the current level. The underlay appears in halftone and is visible in a hidden line view.
What is visibility graphics in Revit?
The visibility and graphics settings of a view define whether elements and categories are visible in the view and their graphical appearance (color, lineweight, and linestyle). The Visibility/Graphics Overrides dialog lists all categories in the model. Some examples of categories are furniture, doors, and window tags.
What is depth clipping in Revit?
Control the visibility of parts of the model beneath a given clip plane. In the Project Browser, select the plan view you want to cut by the back clip plane. On the Properties palette, under Extents, find the Depth Clipping parameter. The Depth Clipping parameter is available for plan and site views.
How do you temporarily hide in Revit?
If you select an object, right click > Hide in View, this will hide any objects currently shown in-view. You can also hide families by category, or filter, using Visibility Graphics in the properties palette, or view template, and they will not show up in-view.
How do I use underlay in Revit?
Create an Underlay
- In the Project Browser, open a plan view.
- On the Properties palette, for Range: Base Level, select the level you want to underlay. Range: Top Level is automatically set to one level above the Base Level. …
- On the Properties palette, for Underlay Orientation, select Look Up or Look Down.
How do I change the elevation view range in Revit?
You can resize the viewing area of an elevation by resizing the clip planes.
- In a plan view, select the elevation tag arrowhead. The clip planes for the elevation display in the drawing area. Example. …
- Drag the blue dots or the arrows to resize the clip plane.