Can you set default color for surface in Catia?
3D defaults such as surface colour and many more are controlled by the following file “CatStdMechanicalDesign. xml”. To modify this file you need to run CATIA in “admin” mode. To find the starter file and where to put it read “About Standards” in the “Infrastructure Users Guide” in the on-line help.
How do you color surfaces on shape?
Customizing Parts, Faces, and Features: Appearance
- Right-click on a Part name in the Parts list to access the context menu. …
- Select Edit appearance.
- Select a color, or specify the RGB values or the hex value for desired colors.
How do I apply material properties in Catia?
Assigning Material Properties
- Select the PartBody feature in the specification tree.
- Click the Apply Material icon . The Library dialog box opens. …
- Select a material family from the tabs along the top of the dialog box, then choose a material from the displayed images, and click OK.
How do you make a new part on shape?
Creating a part when the Sketch dialog is open
- With an existing sketch in the graphics area and the sketch dialog active, click Extrude . Onshape automatically selects all regions (enclosed areas that are shaded gray). …
- Make adjustments in the defaults, if desired, including: …
- Click the check mark to accept the feature.
How do I edit material properties in Catia?
Select ‘Part1’ in the specification tree. Select the Edit->Properties command or select the Properties command on the contextual menu. Click the Mass tab to display technical information. You can edit the density and the volume of the Part Body if you have applied a material to the part.
How do I make a part transparent in Creo?
The Creo Parametric Options dialog box opens.
- Click Model Display in the left pane.
- Under Shaded model display settings, select the Enable transparency check box to enable transparency for a model in the current window and activate the transparency settings. …
- Select one of the following transparency types.