How do you color a component in Revit?
Modify Object Styles
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles.
- Click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported Objects tab.
- Specify the projection, and, if applicable, cut line weights for the category. …
- Click the color value to set the line color.
- Select a line pattern.
How do you fill mass in Revit?
Create an In-Place Mass
- Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel (In-Place Mass).
- Enter a name for the in-place mass family, and click OK. The application window displays the conceptual design environment.
- Create the desired shapes using the tools on the Draw panel. …
- When you are finished, click Finish Mass.
How do you assign materials to mass?
Revit: How to assign a material to a conceptual mass element
- Select the element.
- Click on “Edit in Place” from the Modify | Mass Ribbon tab.
- Select the element you want to apply the material to.
- Look for a Material parameter in the element’s properties.
How do you edit Mass in Revit?
Basic Mass Editing: Adding voids
- Select the mass, then click ‘Edit In-Place’.
- Select drawing tool.
- Set the plane to draw by face or to a work plane. …
- Draw the profile of the void.
- Select the perimeter (tab & click).
- Click on void form.
- Drag the extrusion (press spacebar to orientate. …
- Click ‘Finish Mass’.
How do I change the color of an extrusion in Revit?
Edit an Extrusion
- In the drawing area, select the extrusion.
- If you are in the project environment: …
- Click Modify | Extrusion tab Mode panel (Edit Extrusion).
- If desired, modify the extrusion profile.
- On the Properties palette, change the visibility, material, or subcategory of the extrusion, if desired.
How do you create a mass family in Revit?
When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
How do you create an extrusion in Revit 2020?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
Where are project units configured in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units. In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.
How do I make a model in place in Revit?
Create an In-Place Element
- Open a project.
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select a category for the element, and click OK. …
- In the Name dialog, type a name, and click OK. …
- Use the Family Editor tools to create the in-place element.