Where is mate in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate .
How do I edit a mate in Solidworks?
To modify a mate:
- Expand the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- In the PropertyManager, select the mate to edit and change the options. …
- To replace one entity with another, click the entity to replace in the Mate Selections box, press Delete, then select the new entity.
- Click .
How do I turn on quick mates in Solidworks?
To activate the Quick Mates functionality, click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, under Context toolbar settings, select Show quick mates. The Quick Mates context toolbar appears when you Ctrl + select mate entities.
What are the standard mates in Solidworks?
Standard mates include angle, coincident, concentric, distance, lock, parallel, perpendicular, and tangent mates. You can add an angle mate between the combinations shown below.
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, if you use a single entity curve in Step 1: Under Mate Selections, click Entities to Mate , and select the curve and a point on the assembly. Select Coincident for the mate type.
What does lock mate do in SolidWorks?
A Lock mate maintains the position and orientation between two components. The components are fully constrained relative to each other. A Lock mate has the same effect as forming a subassembly between the two components and making the subassembly rigid.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you break mates in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you delete a mate in Solidworks?
Deleting a Mate
- Click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Take one of the following actions: Press the Delete key. Click Edit > Delete. Right-click and click Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do I use Smart mates in Solidworks?
Adding SmartMates from the Move Component PropertyManager
- Click Move Component on the Assembly toolbar.
- In the PropertyManager, under Move, click SmartMates .
- Double-click a component, then click a valid mate partner. The Mate pop-up toolbar appears.
- Add a SmartMate, then click .
- Click in the PropertyManager.
How do I align a part in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do you make a part not fixed in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
What file types can SolidWorks open?
SOLIDWORKS accepts a wide range of proprietary formats, including:
- Drawing Exchange Format (. dxf)
- Drawing (. dwg)
- Adobe Photoshop (. psd)
- Adobe Illustrator (. ai)
- Parasolid (. x_t)
- ACIS (. sat)
- Solid Edge.
How do you use the pin slot mate on Onshape?
- Tap .
- Confirm that Pin slot is selected in the Mate type field.
- Select two Mate connectors (inferred or existing) to use.
- Optionally, tap Offset to provide an offset distance.
- Optionally, tap Limits to set distance limits for movement.
- Optionally, tap. …
- Optionally, tap. …
- Tap checkmark.