How do I change the selection in Solidworks?
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Click Selection.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
How do you turn off box selection in Solidworks?
Click Toggle Selection Filter Toolbar (Standard toolbar), or press F5. Turns selected filters on or off. You can also press F6.
How do you select multiple surfaces in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you filter in Solidworks?
Selection Filters help select specific types of items in the graphics area or drawing sheet. For example, choose the filter for faces so only faces can be selected. To toggle the display of the Selection Filter toolbar: Click Toggle Selection Filter Toolbar (Standard toolbar), or press F5.
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined?
Which of the following signify that a sketch is fully defined? All lines are black. If you select a face to draw a sketch, the sketch entities cannot extend beyond the edges of that face.
How do I turn off filters in SolidWorks?
If you are in doubt over which filter you have switched on and you want to take it off, then simply press F6 to cancel any active filters.
How do I select a surface in Solidworks?
In SOLIDWORKS, you can select objects as follows:
- Click objects in the graphics area.
- Press Ctrl while clicking to select more than one object.
- Drag the pointer from left to right to define a box selection or from right to left to define a cross selection.
How do you draw a vertical line in Solidworks?
To sketch a line:
- Click Line. …
- In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: …
- Under Options, select: …
- Under Parameters, you can do the following, based on the Orientation: …
- Click in the graphics area and sketch the line. …
- Complete the line in one of the following ways:
Which icon would you click to activate the Smart Dimension tool and add dimensions to a sketch?
To add dimensions, select the Smart Dimension command from the CommandManager, just next to the Sketch icon.
How do you select a transparent part in Solidworks?
> Display/Selection and click Enable select through transparency. As you move the pointer over opaque geometry that is behind transparent geometry, the opaque faces, edges, and vertices highlight. Click to select the highlighted geometry in the graphics area.