How do you find XYZ coordinates in Solidworks?
In the Drawing, go to File > Properties and add a Custom Property. Here I created a property called Point. Under the Point Property Value/Text Expression, select the X dimension, add a comma, then select the Y dimensions. This will show the X-Y dimensions value in order which you chose.
How do you convert a Curve to sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
Using Convert Entities
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
How do I trace a point in Solidworks?
Tracing the Motion of a Point in an Assembly
- From a Motion Analysis study, click Results and Plots. …
- In the PropertyManager under Result, for Category, select Displacement/Velocity/Acceleration.
- For Subcategory, select Trace Path.
- Select a point or vertex on the assembly.
- Select items under Output Options and click .
How do I show coordinates in Solidworks?
Search ‘Hiding and Showing Coordinate Systems’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items (Heads-up View toolbar), and then View Coordinate Systems.
- View Coordinate Systems (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Coordinate Systems.
How do I import a CSV file into SolidWorks?
RE: Opening . cdr file in SolidWorks. Corel Draw files cannot be opened directly in SW. You will have to export from Corel as other formats (DXF, AI, WMF, etc) and try importing those.
How do you turn a face into a sketch in Solidworks?
To sketch on model faces:
- Select the planar model face on which you want to sketch.
- Click a sketch tool on the Sketch toolbar, click Sketch. , or click Insert > Sketch . …
- To sketch on a different face, exit the current sketch, select the new face, and open a new sketch.
Why do we use convert entities in Solidworks?
The Convert Entities tool allows users to make a copied projection of a given sketch, face, or set of edges onto the active sketch plane. These sketch entities will update their size and/or positioning if either of these characteristics changes in the source sketch.
Where is results and plots solidworks?
The software generates a Results folder in the Simulation study tree after running a study successfully. The default plots in the Results folder depend on the study type and the options you set on the Default Options tab of the Options dialog box.
Where is motion manager in Solidworks?
Left-click on the Motor icon in the MotionManager toolbar. A Motor PropertyManager pane will appear to the left of your SW model.