How do you change line thickness in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- Click File > Print.
- In the dialog box, under Document Options, click Line Thickness.
- In Line thickness print settings, type a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Print dialog box and print the document.
How do you solidify in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
How do you use the knit surface in Solidworks?
To knit surfaces:
- Click Knit Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Knit. Create adjacent, non-intersecting surfaces.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Select Gap Control to view edge pairs that might introduce gap problems, and to view or edit the knitting tolerance or gap range. …
- Click OK .
How do I fill between surfaces in Solidworks?
To create a filled surface, click Filled Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Fill, set the PropertyManager options, and click OK . Set the PropertyManager options based on the type of filled surface you want to create. This example of an imported surface has a gap along the front face.
Which lines on a drawing should be the thickest Mcq?
Explanation: Thick-thin-thick are used for cutting planes, dashed thick (wide) is used for surface treatment, zigzag lines are used for long-break lines and continuous thin line is used for dimensions, extensions and projection lines.
Where is the surfaces toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do I enable feature recognition in Solidworks?
(Features toolbar) or Insert > FeatureWorks > Recognize Features. You can also select an imported body in the graphics area or in the SOLIDWORKS FeatureManager design tree, right-click, and select FeatureWorks > Recognize Features. This works for automatic and interactive recognition.
How can I make my body solid?
To create a solid body, select all the edges, sketches or curves of your model then select the checkbox for “create solid”. The boundary surface feature is just the same as other surfaces feature that creates a solid body with enclosed surfaces or for a volume a closed volume.
How do you merge edges in Solidworks?
You can merge multiple edges into a single edge.
To heal edges:
- Click Heal Edges (Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Heal Edges.
- In the PropertyManager, under Faces: Select the faces whose edges you want to heal for Face(s) to Heal . …
- Click Heal Edges. …
- Click .
Is there a fill feature in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Fill surface was added to the software in 2001, after surfacing was added in 1998+. It is essentially an N-sided Coons patch that will fill an opening in a surface that is otherwise closed.
How do you make a surface in Solidworks?
To create a planar surface bounded by a set of closed edges in a part:
- Click Planar Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Planar.
- In the PropertyManager, select a set of closed edges in a part for Bounding Entities. . …
- Click OK . To edit the planar surface, right-click the surface and select Edit Feature.