How do you add screws in Solidworks 2020?
Smart Fasteners automatically add fasteners to your assembly if there is a hole, hole series, or pattern of holes, that is sized to accept standard hardware.
Enable the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library to use Smart Fasteners:
- Click Tools > Add-ins.
- Select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library.
- Click OK.
How do you flip a smart fastener?
To flip Smart Fasteners:
- Under Results, click Edit Grouping.
- Expand the Group in the fastener tree.
- Right-click the Series you want to flip and select Flip. The heads of the fasteners in the selected series flip to the other side of the joint.
How do I install SOLIDWORKS toolbox?
From the SOLIDWORKS menu, click Tools > Add-Ins . In the Add-Ins dialog box, under Active Add-ins and Start Up, select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Utilities, SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library, or both. You can also activate the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library add-in by clicking Add in now in the Toolbox Design Library task pane.
How do you use the Hole Wizard in Solidworks?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
How do you insert a standard part in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS® Toolbox includes a library of standard parts that is fully integrated with SOLIDWORKS. Select your standard and the type of part you want to insert, then drag the component into your assembly.
How do I use the thread tool in Solidworks?
To create a cut thread:
- Open a model with a cylindrical part and click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select a circular edge.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification, set values for the following: …
- For Thread method, click Cut thread. …
- Set the starting position of the Thread Location:
How do I access my solidworks toolbox?
Welcome to Toolbox Setup
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Options > Hole Wizard/Toolbox > Configure .
- From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings .
- When Toolbox is loaded and a document is open in SOLIDWORKS, click Toolbox > Configure.
How do I edit Smart Fasteners in solidworks?
To edit Smart Fasteners: Right-click Smart Fastener in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Smart Fastener. The Smart Fasteners PropertyManager appears.
How do you replace fasteners in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, select the components to replace. Right-click and click Edit Toolbox Component. In the PropertyManager, under Replace Component, click Change Fastener Type. In the dialog box, select the replacement component and click OK.