To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models. Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
Binding Revit link makes elements from the link to change position in Revit.
In the Project Browser for the host model, under Revit Links, right-click the name of the linked model, and click Manage Worksets. This option is only available if the linked model is loaded and workshared. In the Manage Worksets for Link <filename> dialog, select a workset, and click Open.
Explode Imported Geometry
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | <File Name> tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode).
- Scroll to the bottom of the project browser and select the plus next to Revit links.
- Right click on the link you want to edit.
- Select Open (and Unload). …
- Make the changes you want then save and sync the file.
- Go to File > Close (this will close all windows for the link file that you were editing).
Linking models is primarily intended for linking separate buildings, such as those that compose a campus. You can link architectural models, structural models, and MEP models. You can link Revit LT models to other Revit LT models. … Linked models are listed in the Revit Links branch of the Project Browser.
In the drawing area, select the linked Revit model. Click Modify | RVT Links tab Link panel (Bind Link). In the Bind Link Options dialog, select the elements and datum to include in the group, and click OK.
On the Manage tab, click Manage Links (under Manage Project panel). Click through the tabs to remove all the unused or old links (AutoCAD and Revit) from the file. and Save As , Project. Save the file with the same filename as your original Central File but in a new location.
How do I merge Revit files?
The Lnked Revit file can be merged into the host file by Binding :
- select the Linked File > Modify > Bind Link – the Linked File becomes a Group inside the host file.
- Ungrouping the entities from the former Linked File become now editable and incorporated into the host file.
Why does Revit take so long to open?
A slow startup of Revit can have various causes, such as:
Recent Files List – files are referenced in the Revit. ini Recent Files list that may have moved to a different location. Loading of certain addins for Revit takes longer than expected. Revit needs an update.
Link Revit Models in BIM 360
- From the Insert tab in Revit, click Link Revit.
- Choose the BIM 360 drive in the file browser.
- Navigate through the project and folder structure to the location of your model.
- Select the model and click Open.
How do I make Revit run faster?
15 best practices for improving revit performance
- PURGE! Purge your Revit file of unused content. …
- IMPORTED DWG FILES. …
- COMPRESS YOUR FILE. …
- DELETE UNNECESSARY VIEWS. …
- RESOLVE WARNINGS. …
- CLOSE WORKSETS. …
- CLOSE HIDDEN WINDOWS. …
- FAR CLIP SECTIONS & ELEVATIONS.