How do I open a central file in Revit?
In Revit, you can navigate to the Revit Server Network to open a central model stored on a Revit Server.
Open the Central Model of a Server-Based Workshared Project
- Click Open.
- In the left pane of the Open dialog, click (Revit Server Network).
- Select the server that hosts the model.
- Select the model, and click Open.
How do I make a local file a central file in Revit?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
What is a central file in Revit?
The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
How do you synchronize with central Revit?
When working on a workshared project, use the Synchronize with Central tool to save your local changes to the central model. To Synchronize with Central: Click Collaborate tab Synchronize panel Synchronize with Central drop-down (Synchronize Now).
Why can’t I create a local file in Revit?
Make sure that the Revit Options setting for Default path for user files (File Locations) is set to a valid location where you can read/write files. This is the location where the local model will be created. If the location is invalid or Revit is unable to write to it, then this error could occur.
How do I detach a local file in central Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
What does detach from central mean in Revit?
When you tick Detach from Central it create a copy of the original Central File. This copy, when saved, is still another worksharing central file, independent from the original.
Where is the Revit local file saved?
When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit
Can you have two Revit files open at once?
There is no problem in having two Revit versions on the same computer. As with any software, having two or more versions installed, one of them will be set as the default one to open .
Does BIM 360 create a local file?
Revit creates a lot of files in your Windows User folder on your local drive. It is helpful to be aware of this, especially if you are having troubles with free disk space or accessing a BIM 360 Design project.
How do I sync Revit models?
To save your changes locally, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. To save your changes to the central model using the current settings, click the Collaborate tab > Synchronize panel > Synchronize with Central drop-down > Synchronize Now.