How do I activate hole wizard in Solidworks?
To access the Hole Wizard page:
- From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings .
- Click 1 – Hole Wizard.
How do I use the hole tool in Solidworks?
To create and position a simple hole:
- Select a planar face on which to create the hole.
- Click Simple Hole (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Simple.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options.
- Click OK to create the simple hole.
the only difference what i could find is that the drill depth. Tapped hole have aproximately 2mm more drill depth when compared with bottoming tapped holes.
How do you use smart dimension hole Wizard?
To apply dimensions using DimXpert:
- In a drawing, click Smart Dimension. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Dimension Assist Tools, click DimXpert .
- Set options in the Dimension PropertyManager.
- In the PropertyManager, if you selected: …
- In the graphics area, select a manufacturing feature to dimension.
Where is Hole Wizard in Solidworks?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
Which tool would you use to cut a hole through the object?
A hole may be drilled or bored; awls, gimlets, and augers also produce holes. An awl is the simplest hole maker, for, like a needle, it simply pushes material to one side without removing it. Drills, gimlets, and augers, however, have cutting edges that detach material to leave a hole.