How do you access a simulation in SolidWorks?
The Help → SolidWorks → Tutorials will always get you to tutorials for building model geometries and assemblies. However, before you can access simulation help the Simulation tab must appear at the top of the display. If it is not present, then you must activate it using Tools → Add-Ins where you check SW Simulation.
How do you save simulation results in SolidWorks?
Saving Result Plots
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the active plot icon and select Save As.
- Click Plot Tools > Save As (Simulation CommandManager)
- Right-click in the graphics area, and select Save As.
How do you show mesh in SolidWorks simulation?
To view a mesh sectioning plot superimposed on a result plot, right-click an active result plot and click Mesh Sectioning. In the Mesh Section PropertyManager, select a reference plane or cylinder for the orientation of the mesh section plane. You can dynamically position the mesh section plane in the graphics area.
How do I enable add-ins in SOLIDWORKS?
To activate SOLIDWORKS add-ins:
- Click the SOLIDWORKS Add-Ins tab of the CommandManager.
- Select the add-in to load or unload. The additional functionality appears throughout the product user interface. The SOLIDWORKS Add-Ins tab contains some commands for the ScanTo3D and Toolbox add-ins.
How do I disable add-ins in SOLIDWORKS?
If you wish to disable Instant3D, you can toggle it on or off via the Features toolbar or the Features tab of the CommandManager.
What is simulation example?
The definition of a simulation is a model or representative example of something. When you create a computer program that is intended to model flying a plane, this is an example of a simulation. … The use of a computer to calculate, by means of extrapolation, the effect of a given physical process.
What are the 5 steps of a simulation?
In this section:
- General Procedure.
- Step 1: Planning the Study.
- Step 2: Defining the System.
- Step 3: Building the Model.
- Step 4: Conducting Experiments.
- Step 5: Analyzing the Output.
- Step 6: Reporting the Results.
- Create a duplicate of the Scan2CAD directory which is in your Program Files.
- Ensure the directory is named anything different to the original, for example ‘Scan2CAD v9 copy’
- Launch the Scan2CAD .exe located in the duplicate directory.
How do I change the work directory in Solidworks?
To change the location that you are saving your SOLIDWORKS Simulation files for all future studies go to your simulation options file by clicking Simulation>Options>Default Options>Results>Results Folder.
How do you mesh parts in Solidworks?
To mesh only selected bodies, in the Simulation study tree, under Parts, right-click the body definitions and select Create Mesh. In the Mesh Control PropertyManager, set the element size. Incremental meshing is available to all study types with solid and shell bodies.