How do I change the size of assembly in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
Can you scale down a part in Solidworks?
In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . Set options in the PropertyManager. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set.
How do you scale an assembly on shape?
If you want to scale a complete assembly, yo can:
- create a new context in the assembly.
- create a copy of all the parts with transform and the option copy in place.
- and then scale all the parts.
How do you scale step in Solidworks?
Tutorial: How to scale stl in solidworks?
- Open>Select file type as STL.
- Select options.
- Import as>Solid body , you can also select units in which the part was made actually.
- To import diag. say no or yes, same process as is for import of IGES/STEP.
- measurements before scale.
- measurements after scale.
How do you save a multibody part in SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To save an assembly as a multibody part document:
- Open an assembly document.
- Click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Set the Save as type to Part (*. prt, *. sldprt). …
- Select one of the following: Exterior Faces to save the exterior faces as Surface Bodies . …
- Click Save.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do you merge bodies in SOLIDWORKS?
Combining Bodies – Add
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
What is design table SOLIDWORKS?
A design table allows you to build multiple configurations of parts or assemblies by specifying parameters in an embedded Microsoft Excel worksheet. The design table is saved in the model document and is not linked to the original Excel file.
How do I resize text on shape?
To resize the box, drag a corner (make sure the other corner is fixed). If the box has been dimensioned, you are not able to resize it by dragging. Note that when you drag the text box, you see only the text box until you lift your finger, then you see the text.
Can you scale down an STL file?
To scale the scene you need to set one desired size for X, Y or Z in the tool options flyout. There’s no option to put in some scaling percentage or factor, so you’ll need to calculate the length of one dimension externaly.
Do STEP files have units?
Upon recognizing the internal units in the STEP file as being metric NX scales the part to millimeters. stp files have units built into them so you shouldn’t have to change anything from one CAD system to the next.
How do I reduce the size of a dimension in SOLIDWORKS?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.