How do you add a scale to a drawing in Solidworks?
Setting Custom Scales for Drawing Views
- In a drawing, select an existing view or insert a new view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Scale, select Use custom scale.
- In the box, enter a scale in the format x:x or x/x . You can also click and select a predefined scale from the list.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
Change the scale of a CAD drawing
- If you want to drag shapes onto a CAD drawing, click Pre-defined scale, and then click Page Scale. …
- If you want to set a specific industry-standard scale and won’t be dragging shapes to the drawing, click Pre-defined scale, and then click an industry standard and a specific scale.
How do you scale all dimensions in Solidworks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
What scale can you use when you create a drawing view?
A sheet scale is a standard scale value for drawing views placed on the working sheet. Typically, the sheet scale is indicated in the drawing border title block. When you place a drawing view on the same sheet using a different scale, you can note the exception scale value in a drawing view caption.
What is a linetype scale?
Linetype scale (LTSCALE) determines the scale and appearance of dashed lines as they appear in your drawing. This setting becomes especially important when you go to plot, since lines that appear dashed in Model Space may appear solid in Paper Space if their LTSCALE isn’t exactly correct.
How do you calculate scale?
To scale an object to a larger size, you simply multiply each dimension by the required scale factor. For example, if you would like to apply a scale factor of 1:6 and the length of the item is 5 cm, you simply multiply 5 × 6 = 30 cm to get the new dimension.
What is scale ratio in drawing?
A scale drawing is a drawing or illustration of a real object which has been reduced or enlarged from its original size, but still proportional to the real object. The proportion by which the drawing of an object is reduced or enlarged is referred to as the scale ratio.
How do I increase dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do I stretch a part in SOLIDWORKS?
In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Stretch, select sketch entities for Sketch item or annotations. and then click on the sketch to set a base point. Drag to stretch the sketch entities. When you release, the entities stretch to that point and the PropertyManager closes.
How do I increase the size of a drawing in SOLIDWORKS?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.