How do you add dimensions to a Solidworks drawing?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do I change dimension format in Solidworks?
In SOLIDWORKS, dimension formatting follows the standard that is set for the document in Tools > Options > Document Properties > Drafting Standard by default. You can change the document or template defaults for each type of dimension listed under Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions .
How do you add all dimensions in Solidworks?
on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. The default dimension type is Parallel. Optionally, you can choose a different dimension type from the shortcut menu. Right-click the sketch, and select More Dimensions.
How do you fix a dimension in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
How do I lock a dimension in Solidworks?
To lock a dimension:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. …
- Click the items to dimension.
- Move the pointer. …
- Right-click to lock. …
- Move the pointer around until the dimension is correctly located.
- Click to place the dimension.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
How do I resize text in Solidworks?
To set a custom text scale:
- Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing . …
- In the dialog box, clear Always display text at the same size.
- In Text scale, select Custom.
- In the two fields, enter the first and second value of the custom scale.
How do you show dimensions?
For example, a dimension of a rectangular room on a blueprint, 14′ 11″ X 13′ 10″ equates to a room size of 14 feet, 11-inches wide by 13 feet, 10-inches long. Dimensions are expressed as width by length by height or depth in three-dimensional space.
How does solidworks calculate distance?
Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. When you select a vertex or sketch point, the x, y, and z coordinates appear. When the Measure tool is not active, commonly used measurements for selected entities appear in the status bar. Specifies custom measurement units and precision.