Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
To update links without closing the current project, you can unload and reload the links. To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models.
Products and versions covered. Revit 2021. Aug 24 2021In-product view. Link models when individual buildings on a campus or different parts of a large building reside in separate project files, or when each discipline works in its own edition of a building model.
Can I open DWG file in Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
If the linked file changes while the model is open, reload the file to retrieve the latest changes. This ability to retrieve the latest changes to a CAD file is the difference between linking and importing. When you import a CAD file, Revit uses the version of the file that you imported.
Can you import DWG into Revit?
Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. Tip: Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use.
Display a Linked Model by Linked View
- Open the view in the host model.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: …
- In the RVT Link Display Settings dialog, on the Basics tab, do the following: …
- Click OK twice.
Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the relevant tab.
- Select the linked model.
- To unload the selected model, click Unload.
Linking models is primarily intended for linking separate buildings, such as those that compose a campus. … For example, the following site plan shows 4 building models linked to one model. When you link a model into a project, Revit opens the linked model and keeps it in memory.
Link Revit Models in BIM 360
- From the Insert tab in Revit, click Link Revit.
- Choose the BIM 360 drive in the file browser.
- Navigate through the project and folder structure to the location of your model.
- Select the model and click Open.