How do I change display state in Solidworks?
To add a display state, right click anywhere inside the ConfigurationManager Tab and choose “Add Display State” in the right click menu. To switch between display states in a part/assembly, go to the ConfigurationManager Tab and double left click on a Display State name.
How do I connect display states to configurations?
To link a display state to the configuration, right-click it and click Properties. In the Display State Properties PropertyManager, under Advanced Options, select Link display states to configurations.
How do you show the Display pane in Solidworks?
Expanding and Collapsing the Display Pane
- Click. at the top of the FeatureManager design tree (to the right of the tabs) to expand the Display Pane. The Display Pane appears to the right of the FeatureManager design tree pane:
- Click. to collapse the Display Pane.
What are display States?
Display states define different combinations of display settings for each component in an assembly or each feature or body in a part.
How do I use configurations in Solidworks?
To create a configuration, you specify a name and properties, then you modify the model to create the design variations you want. In part documents, configurations allow you to create families of parts with different dimensions, features, and properties, including custom properties.
How do I set color in Solidworks?
Click Edit Appearance (Standard toolbar) or Edit > Appearance > Appearance. In the PropertyManager, under Color: Click a color in the palette. Select RGB.
Where is Configuration Manager in Solidworks?
Click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the Manager Pane.
How do I align a part in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do you Unfix a part in Solidworks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you change the look of solidworks 2020?
To change the shaded appearance of a part:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, click Model Display.
- Under Model / feature colors, select Shading.
- Click Edit and select a color from the Color palette or click Define Custom Colors and define a color of a new shade or hue.
How do I get more appearances in Solidworks?
To include additional files in your Appearances folder list
- Within SolidWorks, go to Tools, Options, System Options.
- Pick File Locations from the list on the left and select Textures from the Show folders for menu.