To Create a Data Link from an Excel File
- Click Window menu > Reference Manager.
- Click Attach Reference in the Reference Manager palette.
- In the Select Reference File, select the required Excel file. …
- Choose the necessary settings and click OK. …
- Select a point in the drawing to insert.
How do I make my Excel files open?
Protect an Excel file
- Select File > Info.
- Select the Protect Workbook box and choose Encrypt with Password.
- Enter a password in the Password box, and then select OK.
- Confirm the password in the Reenter Password box, and then select OK.
How can I open an Excel file without Excel?
Opening Excel Documents Using Google Docs
- Open your browser.
- Go to Google Sheets or follow the link above.
- Click on the plus sign (“Start a new spreadsheet”).
- Tap “File.”
- Tap “Open.”
- You can choose a file from your drive, or you can tap “Upload” to access the files from your computer.
How do I open a XLSX file without Excel?
You can also open and edit XLSX files without Excel, completely free, using WPS Office Spreadsheets, OpenOffice Calc, or LibreOffice Calc. If you’re on a Mac, Apple Numbers supports XLSX files, too (but not all features will work).
How do I convert an Excel file to DWG?
Follow these steps:
- In Microsoft Excel, select the spreadsheet area that you want to import, and copy it to the clipboard.
- In AutoCAD, on the Edit menu, click Paste Special.
- In the Paste Special dialog box, select the AutoCAD Entities option.
To link a range of cells, select the cells and click Copy. In the destination sheet, click the cell where the upper-left cell of the range should be located and click Paste ⇒ Paste Link on the Home tab. Cell values in the range will be linked, and will display on the destination sheet.
Switch to the worksheet that you want to place the information in, and then click the cell where you want the information to appear. On the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Paste Special. Click Paste Link. Excel creates an external reference link for the cell or each cell in the cell range.
How do I remove a password to open an Excel file?
How to remove a password to unencrypt an Excel spreadsheet
- Open your encrypted Excel spreadsheet, type in the password, and click “OK.” …
- Click on the “File” tab, then click on “Info.”
- Click on the box labeled “Protect Workbook” to open a drop-down menu. …
- Delete the password that appears, so that the field is blank.
How do I make an Excel file read only?
You can have Excel make a spreadsheet in read only format for others, so that people can read its contents but not edit them, or you can enforce other content restrictions. To do so, click the “File” tab in the ribbon menu, then click “Info.” Then, click “Protect Document” and choose one of the options presented.
How do I add a password to open an Excel file?
Adding a password
- Step 1: In Excel, open the document you want to secure with a password.
- Step 2: Click File, followed by Info.
- Step 3: Next, click the Protect Workbook button. …
- Step 4: Excel will then prompt you to type in a password.
How do I open a csv file without Excel?
Go to Data >> Get External Data >> From Text.
- Go to the location of the CSV file, that you want to import.
- Choose Delimited, …
- Click next to display the second step of Text Import Wizard. …
- Click next to move to the third step.
- Select the General column and click the Advanced… …
- Click OK and then Finish. …
- This is the result.
How do I get Excel to open in browser?
In Excel, on the File tab, choose Browser View Options. On the Show tab, use the list to select Sheets. Select the worksheets that you want to display, and then choose OK. Save and close the workbook.
Can I open an Excel spreadsheet in Numbers?
You can also open Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and other file types in Numbers. You can convert and open spreadsheets in Numbers on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or online at iCloud.com.