3D navigation tools allow you to view objects in a drawing from different angles, heights, and distances.
Use the following 3D tools to orbit, swivel, adjust distance, zoom, and pan in a 3D view.
- 3D Orbit. …
- Constrained Orbit. …
- Free Orbit. …
- Continuous Orbit. …
- Adjust Distance. …
- Swivel. …
- Zoom. …
The navigation bar is a user interface element where you can access both unified and product-specific navigation tools. … The navigation bar floats over and along one of the sides of the current drawing area.
To Display or Hide the Navigation Bar
- Click View tab Viewport Tools panel Navigation Bar Find.
- Select or clear the check box.
The following product-specific navigation tools are available from the navigation bar:
- Pan. Moves the view parallel to the screen.
- Zoom tools. Set of navigation tools for increasing or decreasing the magnification of the current view of a model.
- Orbit tools.
One of the easiest and most common methods for navigating around a 3D model is with the mouse and keyboard. Simply press the Shift key and middle mouse button as you move the mouse to orbit the model. The cursor changes to an orbit icon indicating you’re in orbit mode.
A navigation bar (or navigation system) is a section of a graphical user interface intended to aid visitors in accessing information. Navigation bars are implemented in file browsers, web browsers and as a design element of some web sites.
How do you view 3D drawings?
To Display a Preset 3D View
- Click View tab Views panel View Manager. Find. The View tab is not displayed by default, so an alternative method is to enter VIEW at the Command prompt. You can also employ the ViewCube in the top-right corner of the drawing area.
- Select a preset view (Top, Bottom, Left, and so on).
What does Nurbs stand for AutoCAD?
NURBS, Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines, are mathematical representations of 3D geometry that can accurately describe any shape from a simple 2D line, circle, arc, or curve to the most complex 3D organic free-form surface or solid.
Controls the display of the navigation bar in all viewports.
How do I move my mouse in AutoCAD?
Using Your Mouse to Move, Copy or Clear a Selection Set
- Select the objects to move.
- Click & hold with the left mouse button over some geometry (not a grip) until your cursor changes from the cross-hairs to the windows arrow cursor and a little box appears next to the cursor.
- Move your mouse and release.
Why should you use the zoom tools in AutoCAD?
Zooms to display all visible objects and visual aids. Adjusts the magnification of the drawing area to accommodate the extents of all visible objects in the drawing, or visual aids such as the grid limits (the LIMITS command), whichever is larger.