How do I change from arc to line in Solidworks?
To autotransition between line and arc:
- Click Line (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools, Sketch Entities, Line and sketch a line.
- Click the endpoint of the line, then move the pointer away. …
- Move the pointer back to the endpoint, then away again. …
- Click to place the arc.
- Move the pointer away from the arc endpoint.
How do you arc in Solidworks?
- Sketch tab. Click the Arc CommandManager to select arc tools from the Arc flyout tool.
- Menu. Click Tools > Sketch Entities to select arc tools.
- Arc PropertyManager. Change to different arc tools from the Arc PropertyManager.
How do you move a circle in Solidworks?
To modify a circle in an open sketch by dragging:
- Increase the perimeter by dragging its edge away from its center point.
- Decrease the perimeter by dragging its edge toward its center point.
- Move the circle by dragging its center point.
How do you move a point in Solidworks?
To move a specified point of the sketch to a specific location, under Translate, select Position selected point and click a point in the sketch. Type a value for X value and Y value and press Enter. The Modify Sketch tool translates the entire sketch geometry in relation to the model (including the sketch origin).
How do I change a line to an arc?
To Convert Tessellated Feature Lines to Arcs
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Fit Curve Find.
- Select the feature line or other object.
- Do one of the following: Move your mouse over the feature line. Arcs appear where they can be inserted. Click your mouse to insert an arc. Enter Points (P).
How do you draw a 3 point arc in Solidworks?
To sketch 3 point arcs:
- Click 3 Point Arc .
- Click to set a start point.
- Drag the pointer. , then click to set an end point.
- Drag to set the radius.
- Click to set the arc.
- Click . Video: Sketching a 3 Point Arc.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you draw a half circle in Solidworks?
- Select a sketch plane (such as the Front Plane)
- Sketch a semicircle.
- Go to the Features tab on the CommandManager. Select “Revolve Boss/Bass”
- Select the line in the semicircle as the axis of revolution. Specify your revolution amount, then press the green check to generate the sphere.
How do you move a command in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you move an entity in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
Moving and Copying Features
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do you Unfix a point in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
Can you move a plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following: Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle. Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane. … Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do I move origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .