How do you align objects in FreeCAD?
- Select the reference object. …
- Hold down the Ctrl key while you select the object whose placement you want to change.
- Select the Edit → Alignment… …
- A new window will appear in the Main view area. …
- Define the first point pair by clicking a point in each view.
How do you attach parts to FreeCAD?
- Select the object to be attached.
- Go to the Part → Attachment… …
- Under Attachment parameters, Not attached can be read. …
- Select a topology element on the object to attach to: vertex, edge or face/plane. …
- The first button’s label now adopts the type of topology selected. …
- Select an Attachment mode in the list.
How do you recenter on Freecad?
Display > 3D view tab – Zoom at cursor to then zoom in on the part you want to see. You can also zoom with box select [Ctrl] + .
What is a body in Freecad?
In FreeCAD the word “Body” is normally used to refer to a PartDesign Body object ( PartDesign::Body class) that is defined by the PartDesign Workbench. This is a container object that can hold 2D sketches and 3D geometrical features to build a solid shape.
How do you simplify a mesh in Freecad?
- Select one or more mesh objects.
- Press the Mesh Decimating button. Select the Meshes → Decimation…
- The Decimating task panel opens.
- Specify the Reduction: If only one mesh object has been selected and you choose the Absolute number option: …
- Press the OK button to finish the command.
How do you zoom in on Freecad?
There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Select the View → Zoom → Zoom Out option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+-.
How do you use symmetry constraints in Freecad?
Select two points (vertexes) in the sketch and a line in the sketch. The selected points and the line will be dark green. Constrain symmetric or select the Constrain Symmetrical menu item from the Sketcher Constraints sub menu of the Sketcher (or Part Design) menu item.
What is the difference between body and part in FreeCAD?
Part is a container. It can hold many objects that you want to move about as a group. Body is the end result of a chain of PartDesign Features (Pad, Pocket, Revolve, etc). It represents a single solid.