How do you reference another dimension in Solidworks?
You right-click on a dimension that you want to link and then choose “link values” from the right menu button. You’ll be asked for a name for the dimension you’ve selected. Once you’ve given it a name, the name will be available for other dimensions to link to.
When you click on a part or component of an assembly, the part number appears in the Property Tab. To create this note in a drawing sheet, in the Notes PropertyManager, under Text Format, click Link to Property . Then in the Link to Property dialog box, for Property name, select SW-BOM Part Number(BOM Part Number).
How do I set dimensions in Solidworks?
To add a dimension click the dimension button found on the sketch tools toolbar on the right of the screen. You will notice the cursor changes to when you do this. We will now dimension the length of the slot. Move your cursor over the slot until either the top or bottom line turns red.
How do you create a parameter in Solidworks?
To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter. Define global variables in the Add Equation dialog box.
How do you change multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do you combine two assemblies in Solidworks?
To join parts:
- Create the parts that you want to join, then create an assembly containing the parts.
- Position the parts as desired in the assembly. …
- Save the assembly but do not close the window.
- Insert a new part into the assembly: …
- Close the sketch.
How do I convert assembly to part in Solidworks?
Depending on how the assembly was made most of the time this process will work:
- Open the assembly Save As Part and select the All Components radio button and hit Save. …
- Go to Insert, Features, Combine: …
- Drag a box around the entire part to select everything and have ADD marked then select.
How do I show all dimensions in a Solidworks assembly?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
How do you show dimensions?
For example, a dimension of a rectangular room on a blueprint, 14′ 11″ X 13′ 10″ equates to a room size of 14 feet, 11-inches wide by 13 feet, 10-inches long. Dimensions are expressed as width by length by height or depth in three-dimensional space.
How do I increase dimensions in Solidworks?
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do you repair dimensions in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
Is there a shortcut for smart dimension in Solidworks?
Shift + click Snaps a dimension to the max or min location when dimensioning arcs and circles with the Smart Dimension tool.