How do you show a cut line in Solidworks?
To hide the cutting line in the parent view, right-click on either the cutting line or the section view and click Hide Section Line. To show a hidden cutting line, right-click on the section view and click Show Section Line.
How do I delete part of a line in Solidworks?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.
What is broken-out view solidworks?
A broken-out section view cuts away a portion of an assembly in a drawing view to expose the inside. … A broken-out section is part of an existing drawing view, not a separate view. A closed profile, usually a spline, defines the broken-out section. Material is removed to a specified depth to expose inner details.
How do you do a broken-out in Solidworks 2020?
To create a broken-out section:
- Click Broken-out Section. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Broken-out Section. …
- Sketch a profile.
- Set options in the Section View dialog box. …
- Set options in the Broken-out Section PropertyManager. …
- Click .
How do I change a section line view?
To edit existing section views with Section View Assist: Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
What type of view is created by cutting a parent view about cutting line?
You create a section view in a drawing by cutting the parent view with a cutting, or section line. The section view can be a straight cut section or an offset section defined by a stepped section line.
How do you delete a line in eDrawings?
Do one of the following:
- Select the view in the graphics area and press Delete.
- Right-click the view under the layout on the Sheets tab in the SolidWorks eDrawings Manager and select Delete.
How do you delete in SolidWorks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do I align a section line in Solidworks?
Click Aligned Section View on the Drawing toolbar, or click Insert, Drawing View, Aligned Section.