How do I edit a section line in Solidworks?
To edit existing section views with Section View Assist: Right-click on an existing section view or its cutting line and click Edit Cutting Line. For some complex section views created with SOLIDWORKS 2013, you must select an insertion point before you can modify them.
How do I delete part of a line in Solidworks?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.
How do I delete a view in Solidworks?
Saving a Custom View to SOLIDWORKS
- In a SOLIDWORKS document that contains a custom view, press the spacebar or click Orientation. (View toolbar). …
- Hover over the custom view you want to make available in all SOLIDWORKS documents. Options to save or delete the view appear.
- Click Save View to SOLIDWORKS .
How do you show a section line in Solidworks?
By double-clicking the drawing view, you ensure that the line or lines belong to the view. With the line or lines selected, click Insert > Make Section Line. Select the section line. The Section View PropertyManager appears.
How do you delete a line in eDrawings?
Do one of the following:
- Select the view in the graphics area and press Delete.
- Right-click the view under the layout on the Sheets tab in the SolidWorks eDrawings Manager and select Delete.
How do you hide lines in SolidWorks drawing?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
Can we delete a drawing view how?
How can we delete a drawing view? Drawing views can be deleted just like any other objects. Simply pre-select the view and hit the [Delete] key.
How do I rename a view in Solidworks?
How to Rename Files
- Right-click on the file in the FeatureManager tree and select Rename Assembly for an Assembly or Rename Part for a Part.
- Select the file from the tree and hit F2 on your keyboard and the name will become editable.
How do I move a section view anywhere in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.