How do you Copy and paste in Revit?
Select an element and, while pressing Ctrl , drag the element to copy it. Use the Copy tool to copy elements and place them immediately. Use the clipboard to copy and paste elements with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V . Use the Create Similar tool to add a new instance of a selected element.
Can you Copy views from one Revit file to another?
Solution: While Revit allows inserting Drafting views and schedules from an existing project, it does not have built in options to allow copying/inserting 3D / Plan views between different Revit projects.
Can you copy with base point in Revit?
You can’t copy with base point but you can paste aligned to current view.
How do I copy text from AutoCAD to Revit?
- To Copy Text cleanly from Microsoft Word into AutoCAD or Revit:
- Step One: Highlight the text in Word & COPY to Clipboard (CNTRL+C)
- Step Two: In either AutoCAD or Revit begin the TEXT command.
- Step Three: Click out in the drawing area to begin the text box.
- Step Four: Paste the text into the text box (CNTRL+V)
How do I move a legend from one Revit file to another?
You can copy a legend view from one sheet view and paste it to another sheet view.
- Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard.
- Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view.
How do you duplicate a 3D view in Revit?
To duplicate a view, right-click the view title in the Project Browser. The 3 duplicate options are listed. When you select the “duplicate” option, an exact duplicate of the view is created, without the annotation and detailing items. With duplicate, only the model geometry of the view is included.
What is Copy with base point?
The Copy with Base Point command allows the user to copy an object to the clipboard. This can then be used later in the same drawing, an existing drawing, or a new drawing. … Select the objects you wish to copy, and then right-click or press the Enter key to apply. Next you are prompted to select a base point.
What is a base point in CAD?
The base point is expressed as coordinates in the current UCS. When you insert or externally reference the current drawing into other drawings, this base point is used as the insertion base point.
How do you use Copy base?
- Use PASTECLIP to move the copied objects from the Clipboard to a location in the same document or to another document.
- When you paste an object copied with COPYBASE, it is placed relative to the specified base point.