How do I change drawing settings in AutoCAD?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.
How do you change dimensions in AutoCAD?
Edit dimension text
- Right-click a dimension on the drawing sheet and select Edit.
- In the Edit Dimension dialog box, click in the text box. …
- In the Edit Dimension dialog box, edit the dimension text. …
- If needed, change the line justification or the position of the line.
What is AutoCAD scale?
AutoCAD scales the distance between objects as well as the objects themselves. For example, if you select a circle to scale, pick a point outside the circle as the base point and then specify a scale factor of 2.
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
If you would like to change scale of your drawing, open your drawing, then go to Environment>Drawing Page, choose the Scale tab and type in the Scale, eg. 1″=8′.
How do I change the scale of a viewport in AutoCAD?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
What are the AutoCAD commands?
|Ctrl+A||Select all objects|
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
Where are AutoCAD settings saved?
If the Import/Export options cannot be accessed from the start menu, the default folder location is: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsAutoCAD 20xx – EnglishMigrate Custom Settings.
How do you change dimensions?
To Set the Overall Dimension Scale
- Do one of the following: …
- In the Dimension Style Manager, Styles list, select the style you want to change.
- Click Modify.
- In Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Fit tab, under Scale for Dimension Features: …
- Click OK.
- Click Close to exit the Dimension Style Manager.