How do I change the default settings in SOLIDWORKS?
To change the default template:
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select one of the following: …
- Click OK.
How do I make SOLIDWORKS default to MMGS?
This can be done by changing the Units settings from Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units. The same menu can be accessed in the bottom right hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS window. There are five default unit systems; MKS (metre, kilogram, second)
How do I restore a SOLIDWORKS default view?
To restore a view to its original rotation: Right-click the view and select Alignment > Default Rotation.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS?
Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
How do I change the display size in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you pan in Solidworks?
Scrolls the part, assembly, or drawing in the document window. Click Pan (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Pan, then drag the pointer . Hold down Ctrl and drag.
How do I change the size of a sheet in Solidworks?
In an open drawing, you can change to a different sheet format. In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Sheet Format and click Properties.
- Click New (Standard toolbar).
- Select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select from the following, then click OK.
What is the quickest way to return to the default view solidworks?
To return all standard model views to their default settings in the Orientation dialog box:
- In the Orientation dialog box, click Reset Standard Views .
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do I restore my solidworks toolbar?
To return all toolbar options to the system defaults, click Reset To Defaults. To specify which toolbars appear for part, assembly, or drawing documents: Open a part, assembly, or drawing document. Click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize.
How do I restore a command manager in Solidworks?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.