How do I reset SketchUp?
If that’s the case, put everything back where it belongs by resetting your workspace:
- If you’re using Windows, choose Window→Preferences . . . On a Mac, choose SketchUp→Preferences . . .
- Select the Workspace panel (it’s last in the list on the left of the Preferences dialog box).
- Click the Reset Workspace button.
How do I hide grid lines in SketchUp?
Follow these steps to hide a line or any geometry:
- Select the geometry you want to hide.
- Context-click the selection and choose Hide from the context menu that appears, as shown in the figure. Or choose Edit > Hide. The selected geometry disappears from view, although it is still there, like a ghost in the machine.
Where is origin in SketchUp?
SketchUp (0,0) origin
- Import the data with “preserve drawing origin” option checked.
- go to a specific vertex in the imported data set (corner or end of a line)… …
- Select all the imported geometry.
- Using the move tool, click on the “coordination point” and move your mouse to start the move action.
Why can’t I edit component in SketchUp?
You have an object that you like, and you’ve decided you’d like to make a component from it. OR, you can replace it, and it then becomes an instance of the component itself (replace box = checked). Components are special in that they are a ‘definition’ of an object you want to have in your model.
What is the difference between group and component in SketchUp?
By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model. Each instance is a repetition of all others. A change to one instance changes all other instances.