Is FBX better than OBJ?
OBJ is much simpler format that only keeps geometry (vertex, normals, etc) and uv data. FBX is much more advanced format that can hold much more data – models, uv data, joints, skinning information, animations, multiple takes of animation in one file, curves, and even embed texture files.
How do I convert OBJ to DWG?
How do I convert multiple OBJ files to DWG?
- Download and Install reaConverter. …
- Load OBJ Files. …
- Choose Output Folder. …
- Select DWG as Output Format. …
- Video tutorial. …
- Command-line interface.
How do you change OBJ to blend?
How to Convert OBJ to BLEND
- Open your OBJ file in Blender using the “Open” command on the “File” menu. Alternatively, use the “Import” command to add your OBJ file to an already existing BLEND project file.
- Modify and improve your object using Blender’s modeling and animation tools. …
- Save your project as a BLEND file.
How do I convert FBX to OBJ?
FBX files are easy to convert to OBJ.
Option 2: Blender
- Navigate to the panel on the top right of the screen and choose “File”.
- Click the “Import” button, then press “FBX” to select the file you’d like to upload. …
- Once the model has appeared, select “Export” from the File menu.
Which is better STL or OBJ?
In terms of geometry description, OBJ is more capable than STL, as it can describe “real” curves, without the need to approximate them to a series of polygons.
Is FBX the best format?
Fast and Efficient. The FBX file format, because it utilizes a binary format, is highly efficient. When you store data as binary, it is faster to write and read it, as opposed to a text-based format that must convert binary data to and from human readable numbers.
Can AutoCAD open an OBJ file?
Right now, AutoCAD cannot read an . obj file directly. Please use Autodesk 3DS Max to create the . dwg file from the OBJ file.
How do I convert DWG to OBJ?
How to convert DWG files to OBJ or FBX without AutoCAD?
- Step 1: Convert the DWG file to DXF. The first step is to get your DWG file converted to DXF using the ODA File Converter. …
- Step 2: Convert the DXF to FBX. …
- Step 3: Convert the FBX to OBJ. …
- Step 4: Import the files to Blender 2.8.
How do I convert STL to OBJ?
Another easy way to convert an STL to OBJ is within your preferred modeling program. Most CAD programs, such as Blender or Fusion 360, can import/export in both STL and OBJ. So one great way to convert is to import your STL into the program and then export the model as an OBJ file.
Why is my OBJ GREY in blender?
You have to have Blender Internal renderer activated. So when the previous step also doesn’t help, then simply add the texture inside Blender.
What software opens FBX?
You can open and view the 3D model saved within an FBX file using Autodesk FBX Review (Windows, Mac), a free FBX file viewer. You can also open FBX files using Autodesk Viewer (Web).
How do you convert FBX to blend?
[HOW TO] Convert FBX to Blender with animations
- Step 1 – Convert all models to FBX 2013 format. Open the “Autodesk FBX® 2013.3 Converter” …
- Step 2 – Convert all models to Blender. You should have the Autodesk_FBX plugin installed already if not do that now. …
- Step 3 – Merge animations into one file.