To update links without closing the current project, you can unload and reload the links. To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models.
To correct this situation, reload the linked file. In Revit LT, click Manage tab Manage Projects panel Manage Links. In the Manage Links dialog, on the CAD Formats tab, select the linked file in the list, and click Reload. Click OK.
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
Scroll to the bottom of the project browser and select the plus next to Revit links. Right click on the link you want to edit. … (This will open the model safely in the same session of Revit.) Make the changes you want then save and sync the file.
Linking models is primarily intended for linking separate buildings, such as those that compose a campus. You can link architectural models, structural models, and MEP models. You can link Revit LT models to other Revit LT models. … Linked models are listed in the Revit Links branch of the Project Browser.
Use the Bind Link tool to select the elements and datum from a linked model to convert to a group.
- In the drawing area, select the linked model.
- Click Modify | RVT Links tab Link panel (Bind Link).
- In the Bind Link Options dialog, select the elements and datum to include in the group. Attached Details. …
- Click OK.
To access tools for link management, click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links). To update linked models without closing the current project, you can reload the linked models.
How do you refresh in Revit?
The Refresh button can be used to force Ideate Explorer to re-build the element list within the Results pane. There are several situations where this may be needed: Using Activate View from a Sheet, the Results will continue to display the Sheet elements if the Active View is Display option is current until a Refresh.
Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the relevant tab.
- Select the linked model.
- To unload the selected model, click Unload.
Display a Linked Model by Linked View
- Open the view in the host model.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: …
- In the RVT Link Display Settings dialog, on the Basics tab, do the following: …
- Click OK twice.
Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT. CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
open each of the links and correct the location of the project. this can be done by editing the Project Base Point elevation or use the Relocate Project tool under Manage ribbon > Project Location panel > Position. Since there linked next time you open the site plan they should correct themselves.