How do I combine parts in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you assemble an assembly?
To add a mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . …
- Click to close the PropertyManager, or click before you click to create a new mate.
How do I open assembly in Solidworks?
To open existing part, assembly, or drawing documents:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open, or press Ctrl+O. …
- In the dialog box, select a file type in Files of type or use the quick filter buttons to view commonly-used SOLIDWORKS file types (for example, . …
- Browse to select a document or documents.
How do you move bodies in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
Can you save an assembly as a part in Solidworks?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
What makes a good assembly?
The best assemblies are the ones that get students thinking and engaging with a topic for themselves. In other words, it’s not about telling the students something, it’s about giving them some space to reflect and engage with important topics. Think of yourself as a facilitator more than a speaker.
What is a sentence for assemble?
She assembled all of her old photos into three albums. Hundreds of notes and letters were assembled into a book. A team of scientists was assembled to study the problem. The U.S. Constitution gives people the right to assemble peacefully.
How do you Unfix an assembly in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
What is an assembly chart?
Assembly Chart: A schematic model that define how parts go together, the order of. assembly, and the overall structure of the product. This chart is ideal for getting a bird’s- eye view of the process for producing most assembled products.
What is layout in Solidworks assembly?
You can design an assembly from the top-down using layout sketches. You can construct one or more sketches showing where each assembly component belongs. Then, you can create and modify the design before you create any parts.
How do I open assembly in SolidWorks 2020?
Opening Components from Assembly Documents
- Click or right-click a part and click Open Part .
- Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
How do I open an assembly file?
Open an assembly
- In the main menu, choose File | Open and then select an assembly file.
- Press Ctrl+O and then select an assembly file.
- Click Open. …
- Drag an assembly file (or a selection of files) from Windows Explorer to the Assembly Explorer window.