How do I open a PTS file in ReCap?
That’s huge and might be the reason you’re not having any luck in ReCap. Try opening up that monster in >>>QGIS<<< or >>>CloudCompare<<<. If no luck there, then use >>>LAStools<<< to convert the PTS file to LAZ, after which you should be able to import into ReCap.
How do I open a PTS file?
Follow These Easy Steps to Open PTS Files
- Step 1: Double-Click the File. Before you try any other ways to open PTS files, start by double-clicking the file icon. …
- Step 2: Choose the Right Program. …
- Step 3: Figure Out the File Type. …
- Step 4: Check with the Software Developer. …
- Step 5: Download a Universal File Viewer.
How do I open a STP file in AutoCAD?
In order to open a stp file in AutoCAD you’ll need to follow a 3 step process; first, select the “Insert Tab” function, followed by “Import Panel”, and then find the STP file. Second, select the STP file you’d like to import into AutoCAD. Lastly, click to open the file.
How do I use point cloud in AutoCAD?
To Attach a Point Cloud to a Drawing
- Click Insert tab > Point Cloud panel > Attach. …
- In the Select Point Cloud File dialog box, find and select a scan (RCS) or reality capture project file (RCP) to attach. …
- In the Attach Point Cloud dialog box, specify your preferences for insertion point, scale, and rotation.
What files can ReCap import?
ReCap is your portal into the entire Autodesk suite of products. Export . RCS or . RCP files to import directly into AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Inventor, and more.
How do I import a ReCap file into AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD you can just go to the Insert tab and then insert a Recap file.
Do the following from within AutoCAD:
- Type IMPORT in the command line.
- Locate the folder containing the STEP file.
- Select the file and click OK.
- A window might pop up indicating that the import process is working in the background.
What is PTS format?
ptx – Laser scan plain data format
A pts file is a simple text file used to store point data typically from LIDAR scanners. The first line gives the number of points to follow.
How do I import a PTS file into Autocad?
PTS is Ascii data, therefore to import your PTS file you now need to select from the PointCloud Menu Import (Other Formats)->Import Point cloud ASCII . A window should open allowing you to select the input file, the name of the exported PCG and the file format.
What is an RCP file?
RCS files are scan files that contain the actual spatially indexed point cloud data. RCP files are project files that point to a number of RCS files and contain additional information such as scan regions, recorded distances, and annotations.
How do I convert DWG to STP?
To Export the Current Drawing to an Step File (AutoCAD Mechanical…
- At the Command prompt, enter STEPOUT.
- In the STEPOUT Translation dialog box, in the Files of type box, select *. ste,*. stp, or *. step.
- In the File Name box, specify the name of the STEP file.
- Click Save.
What programs can open a STP file?
You can open an STP file in a variety of CAD programs, including Autodesk Fusion 360 (cross-platform, FreeCAD (cross-platform), IMSI TurboCAD (Windows, Mac), and Dassault Systemes CATIA (Windows, Linux).
Can AutoCAD create STEP files?
AutoCAD Mechanical toolset provides the capability to translate the current drawing into the STEP format. At the Command prompt, enter STEPOUT. In the STEPOUT Translation dialog box, in the Files of type box, select *. … In the File Name box, specify the name of the STEP file.
What is the purpose of point cloud in AutoCAD?
A point cloud is a large collection of points acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to create 3D representations of existing structures. Point cloud files support the design process by providing real-world context where you can recreate the referenced objects or insert additional models.
What is the purpose of point cloud?
A point cloud is basically a set of data points in a 3D coordinate system, commonly defined by x, y, and z coordinates. They are used to represent the surface of an object and do not contain data of any internal features, color, materials, and so on.
How do I export a point cloud in AutoCAD?
Exporting Point Cloud Data
- Right click the point cloud or point cloud layer you want to export, then select Export Point Cloud. The Export Point Cloud dialog box appears.
- Select the file type to which you want to export your point cloud data in the File of Type field.
- Specify a file name and save location.
- Click Save.