How do I delete unwanted objects in Autocad?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
Can not delete object in Autocad?
It’s not possible to delete a layer if there are objects on the layer or if objects are referencing the layer.
If there are no such objects, use the LAYDEL command to delete the layers:
- Enter LAYDEL on the command line.
- Click ‘Name’ or enter N.
- Select the Layer and click ‘OK’ to delete it.
Where is the Erase command in Autocad?
Tool Set: Drafting tab > Modify panel > Erase. Menu: Modify > Erase. You can erase selected objects from the drawing. This method does not move objects to the Clipboard, where they can then be pasted to another location.
How do you remove the unwanted part of drawing?
To Remove Unwanted Objects from a Base View
- Move the cursor over the base view to edit. …
- Double-click an empty area inside the drawing view border.
- Click Drawing View Editor tab Select panel Model Space Selection. …
- In model space, SHIFT-click the objects you want to remove and press ENTER to return to layout.
Hold the FN key on your keyboard, and press DELETE.
How do I remove all objects from a layer in AutoCAD?
Select an object on the layer which you want to delete from drawing area and press Enter then select Yes from command line options and press enter again. All objects of the selected layer will be deleted and the layer will also be purged.
What are the AutoCAD commands?
|Ctrl+A||Select all objects|
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
What is difference between erase and trim in AutoCAD?
is that trim is to reduce slightly; to cut; especially, to remove excess; eg ‘trim a hedge’, ‘trim a beard’ the adposition of can be used in present perfect tense to designate the removed part while erase is to remove markings or information.
Which command is used to erase an image?
Type E or Erase on the command line or command prompt and press Enter. Select the two lines marked in the above image. Press Enter.