How do you copy dimension styles in Revit?
Specify Dimension Styles
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel drop-down, and select one of the options.
- In the Type Properties dialog, select the dimension type you want to work with from the Type list.
- If desired, click Rename to rename the type, or click Duplicate to create a new dimension type.
How do you copy dimensions?
Copy all dimension properties
- On a drawing view, right-click a dimension, and select Copy Properties.
- Click one or more target dimensions. Properties are copied to the dimensions, which are reformatted with the properties from the first dimension.
- Right-click and select Done to quit.
Can dimensions in Revit be edited?
Revit provides the ability to customize the look of dimensions. Display configurable alternate dimension units along with primary units. When you adjust the value of a dimension, the referenced element changes in size or moves accordingly.
How do you set dimensions in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do I copy dimension style from one drawing to another?
Copy and Paste
- Open the drawing that contains the dimension style.
- Select a dimension object that uses the dimension style. …
- Press Ctrl+C or click Home tab > Clipboard panel > Copy Clip. …
- Switch to the drawing that you want to import the dimension style.
- Press Ctrl+P or click Home tab > Clipboard panel > Paste.
How do you move dimensions in Solidworks drawings?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view. Use this method to create multiple driving dimensions.
How do you hide dimensions in Revit?
With Revit open, go to the “View” tab… far right end of the panel is “User Interface”, click that and select “Keyboard Shortcuts” at the bottom of the menu. As for a quicker way of turning off dimensions,uncheck “Show Annotations in this view”.
How do you change the dimension tolerance in Revit?
Right-click the dimension, and then select Edit from the menu. In the Edit Dimension dialog box, click the Precision and Tolerance tab. In the Tolerance Method list, select the tolerance type from the list. When you select the type, the associated tolerance value boxes are available to edit.
How do I change units in Revit?
Set Project Units
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units.
- In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.
- Click the value in the Format column to change the display value for that unit type. …
- Specify Units, if necessary.
- For Rounding, select an appropriate value.
How do you copy elements in Revit?
Select an element and, while pressing Ctrl , drag the element to copy it. Use the Copy tool to copy elements and place them immediately. Use the clipboard to copy and paste elements with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V .
How do I copy a floor plan?
To copy a floor plan to another level
- Begin by choosing to Open the plan in which you would like to duplicate an entire floor.
- Create a new floor by selecting Build> Floor> Build New Floor .
- In the New Floor dialog, select the Make new blank plan for the 2nd floor option, then click OK.