Can you scale a part down in Solidworks?
You can scale a part or surface model about its centroid, the model origin, or a coordinate system. … In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
How do I change the scale in SOLIDWORKS?
To set scales: To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do you merge bodies in SOLIDWORKS?
Combining Bodies – Add
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I scale a dimension in SOLIDWORKS drawing?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do I resize a view in Solidworks?
Scales in Drawings
- To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. …
- To set the scale of a drawing view, do one of the following: For existing drawing views, select a view or views, then set the Scale in the PropertyManager.
What scale can you use when you create a drawing view?
A sheet scale is a standard scale value for drawing views placed on the working sheet. Typically, the sheet scale is indicated in the drawing border title block. When you place a drawing view on the same sheet using a different scale, you can note the exception scale value in a drawing view caption.
How do you scale blocks?
To Ensure Uniform Scaling in a Block Reference
- Click Drafting tab > Block panel > Block Editor.
- Open the block definition in the Block Editor.
- In the Block Editor, make sure nothing is selected.
- In the Properties Inspector, under Block, click Scale Uniformly.
- On the drop-down list, select Yes.