How do you save a view in Revit?
To save a single view, in the Project Browser, right-click the view and click Save to New File. Navigate to the desired location, enter a file name, and click Save. To save several views from the project, select File tab Save As Library View. In the Save Views dialog, select the views to save, and click OK.
How do you create a drafting view in Revit?
Use the detailing tools on the Annotate tab to sketch the details.
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- In the New Drafting View dialog, enter a value for Name, and select a value for Scale. …
- Click OK. …
- In the Project Browser, expand Drafting Views to see the newly created drafting view listed.
How do you save a view angle in Revit?
Use the SteeringWheels tool to save a view. If SteeringWheels are not displayed in the drawing area, click (Full Navigation Wheel) on the navigation bar. Right-click the SteeringWheels, and click Save View.
How do you freeze a view in Revit?
To lock the view, go to the View Control Bar at the bottom of the Revit interface and click on the little house with the padlock (Lock 3D View). Click this icon and choose the ‘Save Orientation and Lock View‘ option.
Can you save a 3D view in Revit?
Use the SteeringWheels tool to save a view. If SteeringWheels are not displayed in the drawing area, click (Full Navigation Wheel) on the navigation bar. Right-click the SteeringWheels, and click Save View. Enter a name for the new 3D view, and click OK.
How do I fix 3D view in Revit?
Open the 3D view to fix. In the property palette, disable “Crop view” and “Crop Region visible”. Unlock the view if it has been locked previously. Right-click on the view cube and select “Orient to view”/ “3D views”.
What is a Revit drafting view?
In a drafting view, you create details at differing view scales (coarse, medium, or fine) and use 2D detailing tools: detail lines, detail regions, detail components, insulation, reference planes, dimensions, symbols, and text. These are the exact same tools used in creating a detail view.
How do I scale a drafting view in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to scale, and then click Modify | <Element> tab Modify panel (Scale).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .
How do I export a 3D view in Revit?
Export Part of a 3D View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. The duplicate view displays in the drawing area. …
- Rename the duplicate view: in the Project Browser, right-click the duplicate view, and click Rename. Enter a new name, and click OK.
How do I unlock Revit?
3. Revit Architecture displays a pushpin control near the component to indicate that it is pinned in place. To move or delete the component, you must first unlock it by clicking the pushpin control. Click the pushpin again to lock the component.
How do you fix the viewport in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.