How do you make a sketch pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis). …
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis). …
- Click .
Can you edit a sketch pattern in Solidworks?
To edit a sketch pattern: Right-click a pattern instance and select the appropriate Edit option. If you selected Display instance count, you can double-click the instance count and change it in the graphics area. Search ‘Editing Sketch Patterns’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Can you pattern planes in Solidworks?
The Curve Driven Pattern tool allows you to create patterns along a planar or 3D curve. To define the pattern, you can use any sketch segment, or the edge of a face (solid or surface), that lies along the plane. You can base your pattern on an open curve, or on a closed curve, such as a circle.
How do you fill a pattern in Solidworks?
To create a fill pattern, click Fill Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Fill Pattern, set the PropertyManager options, and click . Parameters control the pattern layout. You can create a sheet metal perforation-style pattern, or a pattern of concentric shapes typically used to enhance aesthetics.
How do you delete a circular sketch pattern in Solidworks?
Right click the sketch used by the sketch-driven pattern in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Sketch. Select the sketch points you want to delete and press Delete. Click Rebuild to close the sketch and update the pattern.
How do you make a circular pattern?
Create circular sketch pattern
- On the ribbon Sketch tab Pattern panel, click Circular .
- Select the sketch geometry to pattern.
- Click the Axis command, and then select the point, vertex, or work axis to use as the pattern axis.
- Count Specify the number of elements in the pattern.
What can be used as the pattern axis for a circular pattern?
When you are creating a circular pattern, you can only use a work axis as the axis of rotation.
What are circular patterns?
Replicate selected parts, faces, or features about an axis or Mate connector (inferred or existing). Create new parts or modify existing parts by adding or removing material, or intersecting parts in its path. For information on creating linear patterns, see Linear Pattern.
How do I select an axis in Solidworks?
Creating Reference Axes
- Click Axis on the Reference Geometry toolbar, or click Insert > Reference Geometry > Axis.
- Select the axis type in the Axis PropertyManager, then select the required entities for that type.
- Verify that the items listed in Reference Entities correspond to your selections.
- Click .