How do I automatically update a BOM in SolidWorks?
You can update a named BOM to a selected version of the source file or item.
- In the View section of the Bill of Materials tab, expand BOM , and select a named BOM. …
- Click Refresh ( or ).
- In the Update Source Version dialog box, expand the File Version list and select the version to use. …
- Click OK.
How do I export BOM from Solidworks?
To export a BOM:
- Right-click a BOM and click Save As.
- In the dialog box: In Save as type, select a file type. Browse to a folder, enter a file name, and click Save.
How do you do bom?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
How do I edit a BOM table in SolidWorks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do you update a table in SolidWorks?
Editing a Design Table
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click Design Table and select Edit Table or Edit Table in New Window. …
- Edit the table as needed. …
- Click outside of the table to close it. …
- If you receive a confirmation message that the design table generated new configurations, click OK.
How do I change item number in BOM solidworks?
To assign a new item number to the replaced component and keep it in the same row, in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, select Keep Missing Item and Assign new item number and do not keep replaced component.
When you click on a part or component of an assembly, the part number appears in the Property Tab. To create this note in a drawing sheet, in the Notes PropertyManager, under Text Format, click Link to Property . Then in the Link to Property dialog box, for Property name, select SW-BOM Part Number(BOM Part Number).
How do you create a BOM in Excel solidworks?
Creating an Excel-based BOM
- Click Excel Based Bill of Materials (Table toolbar) or Insert > Tables > Excel Based Bill of Materials.
- In the Select BOM Template dialog box, browse to
lang , and select Piping BOM Template. …
- Select options in the Bill of Materials Properties dialog box and click OK.
How do I move a row in Solidworks bom?
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.