Is Civil 3D compatible with Revit?
The Civil Structures Workflow that integrates Revit, Infraworks and Civil 3D is not available in Revit 2020, as it is a 2021 functionality. Features that depend on the DWG version (like DWG or topography link in Revit) should work without any problems.
Can you import a Revit file into AutoCAD?
No it’s not directly possible. You will need to export the rvt file to a dwg.
Once you have done the Export from Civil 3D, link the DWG file in Revit then apply create the Toposurface:
- Go to a 3d View.
- From the “Massing and Site” ribbon tab choose “Toposurface”
- From the “Modify | Edit Surface” ribbon tab choose “Create from Import > Select Import Instance”
- Now select the linked DWG file.
Is Civil 3D 2020 backwards compatible?
1 – Still backwards compatible!
Civil 3D 2018, 2019, and 2020 can all work with drawings created and/or saved in Civil 3D 2021!
Is Civil 3D 2022 backwards compatible?
1. Still the same DWG format and backward compatibility! … Civil 3D 2022 extends the longest backwards compatibility and sharing streak in the product’s history. Not only does Civil 3D 2022 still use the AutoCAD 2018 DWG version, its drawings can still be opened all the way back through the Civil 3D 2018 release!
What is the difference between Civil 3D and Revit?
In C3D we have custom civil objects such as surfaces, alignments, profiles, corridors, etc. that dynamically interact with each other and can be edited parametrically. Revit has custom architectural objects such as walls, doors and windows that behave in a similar manner.
How do you make a 3D model in Civil 3D?
To Create a 3D Solid by Extruding
- If necessary, on the status bar click Workspace Switching and select 3D Modeling. Find.
- Click Solid tab > Solid panel > Extrude. Find.
- Select the objects or edge subobjects to extrude.
- Specify the height.
How do I export a Revit model?
Use STL Export to customize and export your Revit model to an STL file.
- Open a 3D view. …
- Click the File tab Export CAD Formats STL.
- In the STL Export dialog , specify your STL file options.
- Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Export dialog.
To Export NWC Files from Revit
- In Revit, click Add-Ins External Tools Autodesk Navisworks. …
- In the Export Scene As dialog box, enter the name for the Autodesk Navisworks file, and browse to the desired storage location.
- Click Save to export the file, or Cancel to return to the application without exporting it.
How do I open a Revit file without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.
How do I import an XML file into Revit?
Inside of Revit, a Site Designer plugin will appear in the ribbon at the top. Select that tab, and select Import LandXML file on the left. Now, the Import LandXML dialog box will appear. Select the file to import by using the “…” and choose the positioning system.